Up and at 'Em

Well Hello!

Funny story, I fell out of my shower two months ago.

     I will just let your imagination run off with that. All 275 pounds of me, plus a shower rod and curtain came tumbling out of my tub, birthday suit and all. My chihuahua was the cause and also collateral damage. (He is fine BTW).

Long story short, busted my ribs on the toilet, landed on my left hip and shoulder, and had to replace my poor shower rod.

Now, I was OK aside from some pain and limping around for a few days. My hubby and I laughed about it after.

It wasn't until about two weeks ago that I decided to get some imaging done. WHY? Well, I had non stop pain all of the sudden while sitting, or laying, or all the things.

Turns out, I injured some muscles in my leg, back and pelvis that hug my sciatic nerve. Which causes a myriad of issues. A shot of steroids and muscle relaxer had me feeling better, and then a week of muscle relaxers and steroids to minimize the swelling.

That being said, friends, I gained weight on the steroids. Which aggravates my fibromyalgia. Frankly, gaining weight is just aggravating.

So I have now been in flare for two weeks. Despite that, I continue to walk three times a day, I do my housework, and I do my best to appear outside of my house for non-medical appointments.

The reason I am blogging this, is not to complain.
I simply want to say to people who have debilitating conditions:


  • It is OK to limit your activity.
  • It is OK to say no to things you know you can't commit to. 
  • DO NOT feel guilty for missing things for your health.
  • Your weight may HAVE TO come secondary to pain management. 
  • Water doesn't always work.
  • Weight loss doesn't always work.
  • Pain meds don't always work.
  • SOMETIMES even prayer doesn't work. (hear me out fellow Christians)
  • It's not complaining if you are telling someone to get it off your chest, so they can understand you better. 
  • Your body is ONLY known by YOU and GOD. Nobody can tell you how to feel. 
  • It is OK to be angry, sad, hurt. Don't let it become consuming, depression is real. TALK TO SOMEONE.
  • It is OK to admit weakness, to ask for help, and to lay down when you need rest. 
Fam, LOOK; I have been sick for a very long time. God has not answered my prayer of complete healing. I take steps to ensure I am the healthiest me I can be in my condition. THAT does NOT mean he isn't answering. 

I gain small victories. Today I had the energy to clean my house. THAT IS A VICTORY. 

I played with my kids, VICTORY.

I took that awesome picture of the moon, lol. VICTORY

I wrote this blog, VICTORY. 

So yes, I will complain every now and then when I am in so much pain, that I can't let out my anger in any other way. HOWEVER, I will claim VICTORY over the small things. 

To all my FIBRO WARRIORS, I love you. To anyone suffering from illness that takes away your energy for life. I AM HERE. Let me pray for you, let me hear your frustrations. Let me hear your VICTORIES. 

Love, 
Me


Comments